Thursday, November 27, 2008
"That's really mean....but sometimes the end justifies the means." - nuggets of wisdom from Micheal Scott
So, I haven't blogged for a long time, but so many people have told me I should write down what I'm going through and that it would be therapeutic for me. So, I may or may not publish what I write and it may or may not interest you, but I thought I'd give it a shot.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Tara and I are staying up late watching The Family Stone and Law & Order. Amanda came over and kept us company and looked up Twilight premier pictures, awesome. So we decided that even though Sarah Jessica Parker is the crazy one in the movie the Family Stone, she definitely ends up with the better deal in the end, because she ends up with Luke and her sister gets boring Everette. Tara made homemade, from scratch, orange rolls and they are so yummy.
This is my first Thanksgiving without Kate. And It sucks. My mom says to look at the positive, like you can go for a run in the morning and you can play games and see a movie in the evening. (Capture the flag anyone?) So I'm trying to be happy and just enjoy, I did get a pedicure tonight. But the bottom line is, it's really hard to have your child taken away from you, when it's not your own choice. Even if it's just for a day or a night. I miss her when she's not here and I love holidays, and spending them without her, sort of seem pointless. Maybe it's so hard because it's so new, I mean this is the first official holiday that I haven't had her with me. And the other part of this is, she's with her dad, who she adores. So I should be happy for her. It's selfish of me, but I miss her. I hope she has a good Thanksgiving and that she at least has 'one bite' of everything on her plate. That's our new meal rule. Ha! Ha!
So I haven't blogged in a long time and it's just so happens that one of the last entries was from about 1 year ago, right after Kate turned 4. Well, she just turned 5. I'll post the picture of Kate and Izzy from this years party (Nov 8). SO CUTE!!! The best part of the party was when they were doing the pony ride at Thanksgiving POint and Kate looked around at all the kids on teh ponies and announced, "This is so cool, all my friends are riding ponies with me".
One more thing (technically it's 8 or 9 more things), I wanted to mention the things I'm grateful for this year.
1. I'm grateful I don't have to cook tomorrow (well cranberry sauce, but that's easy)
2. I'm grateful for my awesome friends at work (they take good care of me)
3. I'm grateful for my sister Tara. I love having her as a roommate (AKA Kate's older sister). I'm grateful for the homemade orange rolls she made tonight
4. I'm grateful for fresh snow
5. I'm grateful for girlfriends who help me get through tough times, you know who you are and you know why...
6. I'm thankful for the movie ELF (what?!, it helps me get in a festive mood)
7. I love my family
8. I'm grateful for my blessings from God and for my life and for the future.